5 Jun 2012

OFFSTAGE: Taylor Swift's Loves: Cat Toys, Law & Order DVDs and Candy


If all these great country singers keep playing at Wal-Mart annual shareholder meetings, I might have to buy some serious stock. On Friday (June 1), it was Taylor Swift, the Zac Brown Band and even Lionel Richie who took the stage for what was way more than a meeting in Fayetteville, Ark. It was a 50th-anniversary celebration, hence the major stars. I think. Justin Timberlake hosted the show, a portion of it in a grass skirt and a blue lei, and it sounds like he did it well. First, he went on about his mission to find a real Walmart customer and said he found a young lady in Fayetteville that morning. And how he was going to bring her in to just talk about what the stores mean to her. Swift came out in a blue and white floral sundress, feigning shyness. "My name is Taylor. I'm from Nashville. I'm a singer," she told Timberlake, who refused to believe it. "Of course you are. A singer? Whatever," he joked. But before she performed "Love Story" and "Mean," Swift told the crowd what she loved most about her local Walmart in Hendersonville, Tenn. "I really like Walmart because my band and I like to go there. We go in there and they have everything we need," she said. "They have candy. And steaks. Law & Order DVDs. Cat toys. Everything."

No comments:

Post a Comment