21 May 2012

Taylor Swift will wear late Marine's dog tags in video


In her next video, Taylor Swift wants to wear the dog tags of a Marine who was killed in action, Texas TV station KBTX is reporting.
Swift responded to a YouTube posting by Cpl. Josh Marreel, a friend and colleague of Swift fan Sergeant Wade Wilson, who died during combat in Afghanistan on May 11.

“This is a shout out to the one and only Taylor Swift,” Marrell said in the video, uploaded May 15. “I know you have no idea who I am, but this video isn't about me. This is about my good buddy, Sergeant Wade D. Wilson, who was killed in action Friday, May 11, 2012 in Afghanistan. Anybody that knew Willy knew that he worshipped you. He even slept with a poster of you in between our beds in Afghanistan. This guy was my best friend. I know a lot of people get on here and ask celebrities to go to dances with them … All I’m asking is for you to think about him."
Swift sent flowers to Wilson's family along with a personal note obtained by KBTX, reading, “Wade, thank you for loving my music. I won’t forget it, and I will never forget you. All my love, Taylor Swift.”
The singer also spoke to the family on the phone, reportedly telling them she wants to wear Wilson's dog tags in her next video.
Swift was honored Sunday with the Woman of the Year award at the Billboard Music Awards, earning the spotlight for her philanthropic and musical efforts. The 22-year-old thanked her family and friends, saying, “I’m so humbled and honored by this.”


No comments:

Post a Comment