17 Oct 2011

New Lancome Line for Emma.


A couple weeks ago, Teen Vogue beauty editor Jane Shin Park tweeted about talking with Emma Watson, and hinted at major Lancôme news coming soon. Then a few days ago Stylist mysteriously mentioned a new Lancôme campaign. Now, in a new interview with Emma on Style.com, they are saying Emma will be the face of Lancôme’s Rouge in Love lipstick and nail polish range coming out next Valentine’s. Nothing official yet, but seems like a pretty solid rumor. You can read the articles at the end of this post.


Meanwhile, from Emma’s current Lancôme campaign for Trésor Midnight Rose we have a new image from Tom Munro’s photoshoot (above), and below, Matea sent in a couple photos of Lancôme displays in Zagreb, Croatia, and Sandra sent in a photo from Regensburg, Germany.


 
 



Stylist

From starring in the Harry Potter films to modeling for Burberry to gracing the cover of Vogue to becoming the new face of Lancôme, Emma Watson has seamlessly (and stunningly) made the transition from child actor to style icon. The actress, with her ever-evolving pixie cut and perfectly-tamed brows, also has the the gamine beauty look down pat. We sat down with Watson to discuss her very exciting (and soon to launch) new Lancôme campaign (we’ll tell you more about it soon), as well her part in the new film “My Week With Marilyn,” the ultimate makeup for short hair and her secret to those amazing brows.

How has your makeup routine evolved since you cut your hair?
I think it’s made me more bold, there’s no way to hide when you have short hair. You really have to go for it and also, because I think it’s quite boyish, you can kind of take it a bit further the other way. Be a bit sexier because it’s kind of not too much, so that was cool. I’ve definitely been more experimental with color and just a bit bolder.


This is kind of like perfect timing [working with Lancome] because I’ve just kind of come into a place now where I’m interested in wearing lipstick whereas when I was younger, maybe I would go for a more natural lip. But now it’s fun to play around with different colors. Because I have short hair – I’m big into doing like, a Twiggy mascara. So I’ll do bottom lashes and top lashes. Lancôme just came out with a mascara called Dollface, which is made specifically to get that look. And because I’m so pale — I’m English — I have to wear blush or some kind of bronzer. I’m big into a cream blush.

Do you usually do a strong eye or strong lip?
I think for the Midnight Rose campaign, we did a strong eye and strong lip, but I think it’s different in a photo shoot than in everyday life. It’s like, “Whoa, too much to do both, you have to pick one or the other.”

What’s it like having such short hair?
It’s definitely low maintenance, which is great for me because I hate spending too long on that kind of stuff.

Who are your personal beauty icons?
Mia Farrow was a big inspiration for the haircut. In terms of beauty, I think Kate Bosworth always has really great beauty. Diane Kruger, she always does her own makeup, and always looks great. And then if I’m going to look back, I love the freshness and the naturalness of Jane Birkin and Francoise Hardy. I love Charlotte Rampling — all of those French actresses who don’t really look like they’re wearing anything or like they tried very hard is definitely the coolest.

What was it like working on “My Week With Marilyn”?
Well I mean, I wasn’t playing her, I was playing a different part, but I think I was inspired by who she was as a person, which is someone who’s like incredibly alive. I mean, she – all of her photographs, all of her images, she’s just so alive and in the moment and spontaneous. I mean, she had an awful amount of pain, but when she smiled, when she laughed, her whole face lit up. It came from a real place.

Do you have any favorite, go-to places here in New York?
I love La Esquina. I’m obsessed with Mexican. We don’t have Mexican food in England, we just kill it. That’s one of the first things I do when I come here.




Style.com

Emma Watson hung up her wizard hat this summer after the final chapter of the “Harry Potter” saga his theaters – and the Brit beauty has wasted no time putting Hermione Granger behind her. She’s got two new movies: “My Week With Marilyn”, out next month, and “The Perks of Being a Wallflower”, which will be released next year. And then there’s her new gig as the face of Lancôme’s Rouge in Love lipstick and nail polish range, which arrives in stores on Valentine’s Day (the actress already appears in ads for the French brand’s fragrance, Trésor Midnight Rose<). Here, she shares her beauty essentials.

Lancôme Trésor Midnight Rose
“My dad took me to a perfume factory in France when I was much younger, and you could create your own scent. I had one of those for a while. It probably smelled awful but I was really proud of it. I really wanted to be one of those one-scent girls, but I always ended up trying different things. I have been wearing Tresor Midnight Rose a lot recently, though, obviously.”

LancômeRouge in Love Lipstick in Corail in Love
“When I was younger, I would go for more of a natural lip. Now I like playing with different colours. This is just a beautiful thing to hold and own. It’s something that’s light enough to wear in the day and remake an impression at night.”

Yves Saint Laurent Creme de Blush in Powdery Rose
“I have to wear a blush or some kind of bronze because I am so pale and Enlgish, so I am big into cream blushers. YSL does a really nice one.”

Giorgia Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Powder and High Precision Retouch Concealer
“I am a creature of habit and I like to find what works and keep buying it. Armani does some really nice powders and under-eye concealers.”

Chapstick Classic Lip Balm
“I love Chapstick – I am like a purist. 100 per cent drugstore, that does it for me.”

Blink Brow Bar Eyebrow Pencils and Lash Oil
“I get my eyebrows threaded. Blink is really good and reliable. They listen to you, which is good, because [brow groomers] can get carried away, like hairdressers.”

Lancôme Hypnôse Doll Lashes
“I’m big into Twiggy so I do bottom lashes and top lashes. This is really cool because it’s specifically designed to get that look.”

Diptyque Candles in Roses and Gardenia
“I am obsessed with Diptyque candles – the floral ones! Love them!”

Kiehl’s Creme with Silk Groom
“My haircut is definitely low-maintenance, which is great for me because I had spending too much time on that kind of stuff. I use Kiehl’s products because they aren’t too fragrant.”

Comfort Zone Tranquility Oil
“Getting an aromatherapy massage is just so good. I travel a lot and you are squished up in airplanes so it’s a really nice thing to do. There’s a woman who gave all the massages to the stunt guys on the set of ‘Harry Potter’ and I go to her a lot, but the Berkeley Health Club & Spa in London also has really great treatments.”

Lancome Bi-Facil Eye Makeup Remover
“Way before I became the Lancôme ambassador, I was using the Bi-Facil. You can just leave it on to soak up your eye makeup and it doesn’t feel like your skin is being stripped away.”

Beauty Icon: Mia Farrow
“Going backwards, I love the naturalness of Jane Birkin and the French actresses who don’t look like they are trying too hard – which is definitely the coolest. But Mia Farrow was the big inspriation for the haircut.”


No comments:

Post a Comment