9 Sept 2011

Avril Lavigne: NYFW show will be great


Avril Lavigne insists this year's New York Fashion Week will be the best yet.

The 26-year-old Canadian songstress is famed for her mix of edgy punk and girly glam, and regularly wows with her rock aesthetic. Her love of fashion saw the launch of her own clothing line, Abbey Dawn, three years ago.

Avril is preparing to show her new collection at New York Fashion Week this month, and the stunning star is excited at the prospect.

"I've had my line for three years now, and I really feel like this is the best season yet," she told The Huffington Post.

"It takes a while to tweak stuff to where I want it to be, but this season is the best yet. I have footwear, swimwear, eyewear, accessories, women and men's collections. I've done Fashion Week before, but this year it's going to be even better."

Avril came up with the idea for a clothing line when she was 19-years-old. The singer says her music and fashion go hand-in-hand.

"After the release of my first album, I realised how much fashion was involved in my musical career," she explained.

"With a lot of the designs, I try to tie in some of my lyrics and more musical elements."

It was recently revealed that TV personality Kylie Jenner is set to make her New York Fashion Week debut on the Abbey Dawn runway on Monday.

The 13-year-old model-and-reality-TV-personality is famed for appearing on hit show Keeping Up With The Kardashians alongside half-sisters Kim, Kourtney and Khloé Kardashian and the rest of their family.

Kylie is said to have got the nod for the show thanks to her stepbrother, Brody Jenner, whose is Avril's boyfriend.


No comments:

Post a Comment