25 Aug 2011

Miley's cover of Nirvana song voted worst ever


Pop star Miley Cyrus' version of the hit Nirvana track Smells Like Teen Spirit has been named the worst cover ever in a new magazine poll.

Rolling Stone readers voted the teenager's live rendition of the grunge anthem the worst of the worst - ahead of Madonna's take on American Pie and Limp 

It's a disappointment for Cyrus who recently introduced Smells Like Teen Spirit to her live set, telling fans, "I want to play a song by one of the artists that inspired me. Without them (Nirvana) I wouldn't be here. They are the ones who gave me the strength and courage to do this."

Limp Bizkit came in second and Madonna third, while Sweet Child O' Mine by Sheryl Crow and Britney Spears' cover of the Rolling Stones (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction rounded out the top five.



No comments:

Post a Comment