21 Jul 2011

Watson would like quirky comedy role


1-year-old Watson told Hello magazine: "I'm open to anything. I'd happily do a romantic comedy, but it would have to be something quirky; something like Notting Hill."
The actress also said that she would like to act in a low-budget film to experience something different.
She added: "I want to concentrate on smaller films from now on.
"I feel like I've got the blockbuster box well and truly ticked for the time being."
Speaking about her role in the new film The Perks of Being a Wallflower, she said: "I got to be funny, which was very exciting for me.
"The budget was miniscule and there wasn't a single special effect. It made me sure for the first time that acting is really what I want to do."
In addition producer Denise Di Novi recently announced that Watson will be starring as Belle in an adaptation of Beauty and the Beast, which will be directed by Pan's Labrynth Guillermo del Toro.
Speaking about the film, Watson said: "I feel like young girls are told they have to be this kind of princess and be all this sweet stuff.
"I identify with more of being a warrior princess, so if I had to be a princess, I'd have to kick some ass first.
"That would have a lot of people terrified."


No comments:

Post a Comment