25 May 2011

MARKED by P.C. Cast and Kristen Cast book review

I like vampire books, okay? Sue me! When I saw that Marked: A House of Night Novel by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast was available for review, I jumped on it. This book is the first in a new young adult series about vampires.
For those of you who were more than a little disappointed by Stephenie Meyer’sTwilight saga, I think I’ve found the answer. You can still have your insanely attractive vampires, teen girl narrator, and a splash of romance (Ok, so Twilighthas more a tidal wave than a splash.) 
The House of Night series takes place in a world where vampires are no secret. Select teenagers are “marked” during their adolescence with a giant crescent tattoo in the middle of their forehead. If marked, a teenager must go live at the House of Night, a chain of boarding schools that train fledgling vampires and help them make it through The Change.
But for those who are in love with twilight, never consider the thought of reading this book, it makes  you think "Ah! What a drag!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment